Student Services Technologies Specialist
DEPARTMENT: UAF CRCD, Northwest Campus
JOB TITLE: Admin Specialist 1
EMPLOYMENT: Term-funded, Full-time, 11 month position
POSITION OPEN: Open until filled, Review Date: October 30, 2013
APPLICATION PROCESS:For a complete job description, list of qualifications and to apply go to www.uakjobs.com
Please be sure to read the position qualifications and application requirements carefully. If you have any questions about the position, please call Gretchen at 907-443-8428.
The person in this position will recruit and assist students by helping them develop the computer skills necessary to succeed in post-secondary distance education, and to coordinate and recruit for computer courses, workshops and events to support program goals. They will collaborate with faculty and student services to provide logistical support with equipment and training in order to maintain competency levels, provide technology training and support to students, adjuncts and campus staff; update and maintain computer traveling labs; remain current with OIT policies, procedures and available software and serve as a member of the Northwest Campus Technology Committee.
- Working knowledge of computer information systems and applicable software and databases.
- Experience working in rural Alaska or with rural Alaskan students.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in promotion and recruiting.
- Demonstrated presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional villages.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, rules, and regulations
- Experience working with secondary or post secondary students
- One year college course work and one year experience in IT or student services technologies, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A+ Certification
- Network + Certification
- Certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
UAF is an AA/EO Employer and Educational Institution.